Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Full steam ahead = chaos

It's been so long since I blogged that I had lost my password and forgotten my username. Thanks to my efficient organisational skills I managed to retrieve said information from a crumpled post-it note and here I am.

First off I'd like to say hello to the 20six exiles (how Matrix is that?) who have popped in for a virtual Hob-nob. Due to insane workload I rarely get chance to respond to comments but rest-assured I read them and am really touched that you cared enough to stop by.

Today I stood in front of the magazines in Sainsburys and two of the lovely glossy mags (namely Real and Practical Parenting) were sporting my features on their front pages. I don't quite know how this happened. I know there has been a helluva lot of hard work involved and also the current contents of my desk may provide a clue:

Several A4 pads filled with interview notes, one empty box of Cadbury Roses, one Drifter wrapper, one swish, moleskin notepad from a launch party, one fluffy elephant, one Sunday Mirror payslip, one pencil (blunt), one box of tissues, several hundred thousand post-it notes, two diaries, one journobiz beermat (sorry, mugmat), one reel pink cotton (?), seven dictaphone tapes and one broken dictaphone, one Foo Fighters badge (choking/stabbing/piercing hazard), hundreds of Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers, one book ("wheels on the bus"), one baby monitor (broken), one Take That address book (circa 1990, falling to bits), one glasses case (empty), several original, 1970's-era photographs of Rod Stewart, a million loose paperclips, one Ibiza guidebook, one ideas book, one red nail polish (unopened), one overflowing desk tidy (don't even go there), several unopened letters (yikes), one clock (broken), one Foo Fighters CD (overused), one filthy phone (on last legs) and one ridiculously overflowing in-tray.

Am I missing Peter and Jordan by telling you this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done JoJo - great news on the front page mentions. I'm one of those who lurked without comment on your uber-blog on 20six - it's quite reassuring to see you blogging with the frequency of a mere mortal these days.

Anonymous said...

JoJo, my mum will freak if I buy Practical Parenting, which actually makes it all the more tempting. But instead, I could offer a hearty well done and tell you to keep it up :)
xxx

Anonymous said...

(oooh, I do want to get it and leave it on the kitchen table tho. Then blame the older sister and watch the fireworks.)