Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Big bed

On Sunday I woke up with this crazy idea Eliott should be in a big bed. I don't know why. Matt promptly got his tool box out (fnar) and we set about turning the cot bed into a junior bed. Eliott watched in amazement (and bewilderment) as the bars were taken down and he eyed-up his chance for freedom.

He spent the rest of the day going up and down the stairs into his room and leaping about wildly on the bed.

We talked about how big a boy he was now and how wonderful sleeping in a big bed would be. Eliott looked a bit unsure.

At 8pm he went to bed. And then got up. And went to bed. And then got up. And went to bed...repeat, until I sat on the floor with him looking up at me from the big bed, terrified, for an hour. He finally fell asleep.

At 6.30am Monday morning (and bear in mind Eliott usually gets up at 8) I heard the creak of his bedroom door and he appeared beside me. He got into our bed and tried, unsuccessfully, to get back to sleep, falling out of our bed in the process.

On Monday afternoon, when he refused point blank to take a much-needed nap, the bars went back up.

I guess we're just not ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah we had the same with Ez, kids eh?